Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hope And Chains - Part 2


               I sent a letter to President Obama on August 10th.  I shared it here on my blog with the same title if you want to read it.  Is it a coincidence he’s visiting my city today?  I think Warren Buffet is a secret reader of my blog and my letter inspired him to write the President asking the government to raise taxes on the wealthy.  The media ignored my letter, but highly publicized his.  Disappointed, but not surprised I received a standard form letter from the White House this week.  I wonder if this is the same one Warren got.  

 

September 20, 2011

Dear Friend:

Thank you for taking the time to share your views.  I appreciate hearing from you and value your input.

My Administration is working to address the serious challenges our Nation faces.  I am committed to taking immediate steps that generate job creation and economic recovery, and I am determined to make investments that lay a new foundation for real and lasting progress.

As I move forward on key initiatives, I am making my Administration the most open and transparent in history.  Part of delivering on that promise is hearing from people like you.  I take seriously your opinions and respect your point of view.  Please know that your concerns will be on my mind in the days ahead.

Thank you, again, for writing.  I encourage you to explore www.WhiteHouse.gov, which is regularly updated and more interactive than ever before.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

5 comments:

  1. It is good to know that your concerns will be on our President's mind in the days ahead. I'll bet that is a big relief to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a cold refreshment waiting for him today, but he chose to rub elbows with the megabucks crowd for campaign contributions. My concerns are the last thing on his mind. Re-election is the only thing a politician cares about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Within your RUNNING WILD post you chose a string of words. "The neurons or protons or futons or whatever they’re called actively ping in my brain. Suddenly, my word crop grows taller than the cornfields. Overnight, I turn into a word farmer." The letter to the pres delivered some ripe fruit ready to be ate. President concerned? He is aware of the mass conscious level slowly rising. What is obvious, his actions have shown little concern for the obvious just like those before. We have arguably seen not even a baby step in regards to the walk of the talk within the campaign hawk. The public saw wings his conscious delivered pings. Keep pinging your conscious Glen for the pres is an important one in the 100th monkey syndrome. He did not notice much but we have. It is truly beautiful to imagine us or US reaching that critical mass after one by one we sum toward that tipping point into the abys of balance, peace and harmony. The first stage just takes one at a time, then the second stage is scripted by the first when a whole body or country is influenced by that conscious and turns toward the same all at once. Looking forward to this act. Humanity is the bricks holding up the show. Keep writing, a new show will follow our conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, I always appreciate your thoughtful comments. Our nation seems to have become accustomed to equality of all politicians of every race, color, creed, gender and sexual orientation to deceive and lie to the people. I have come to the conclusion that if re-elections were banned, the politicians might actually work together to govern while they are in office. I heard, but have not confirmed, that President Obama's fund-raiser at the Parmamount Theater here in Seattle last weekend cost $35,000 per head. If it's true, I find that obscene! The Paramount is one of the biggest venues in town. If the fat cats aren't careful, they are going to find the streets in our towns much like what happened this year in Egypt, Libya and elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete