Friday, January 18, 2013

Monday Monday

Everything that was grim last year at this time has subsided and been replaced by new hurdles.  So much growth, change and knowledge transpired in the past twelve months.  One thing I've done is look back at those I have known before they became success stories.  They didn't concern themselves with issues outside their idea which became dreams.  Instead, they marched forward pouring passion into it and going the extra two miles to make it become real.

That's where I am now.  My Cabin 108 dream has consumed me and won't let me go.  Other serious issues loom, yet they have taken a backseat until I finish this mission.  Makes me crazy waiting for my editor's response to my second draft.  So much rides on it and the the timing of making my book a reality.  Let there be no more massive rewrites and delays.  Show me the finish line.  

To stay busy, I started a Facebook page to shamelessly self-promote myself and my novel.  Pleasantly surprised by the response, you can check it out here.  I also needed to address home and auto insurance and decided to switch carriers.  Yesterday I met my new agent and pre-sold a copy of my unpublished book.

Yep, my idea, my dream, my passion and purpose is wrapped up in making Cabin 108 a success.  This afternoon, I got a note from my editor saying she expects to deliver my re-edited manuscript back on Monday!  This going to be one long weekend.  Till then this will be my theme song


4 comments:

  1. We are all waiting with you. I can hardly wait to have a copy of that published book in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a year makes! Like Jan, I can't wait to hold it in my hot little hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ssssshhh, listen Glenn, can you hear that??? Its all of us cheering for you at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete