Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Positive Kind

Another spin around the sun, a new year has begun.  Reflection and introspection seem to permeate as we recycle calendars.  Resolutions made and then broken.  A new concept was introduced to me in 2011 as an alternative, a simple word for the year ahead.  I liked the idea, but had no intention to choose one for myself.  I let it go, but I free write every morning to purge my skull so I can start fresh for the new day.  All of a  sudden a word chose me.  Funny how the subconscious takes over. 
You must plant a seed for it to grow.  Mine were planted unknowingly when I joined an online book blog in September.  The synchronicity of how I was invited is stranger than fiction, but the Universe meant for me to be there.  We studied a book on how to discover or recover one’s creative self.  I love to write and want to get better at it.  Seven women and me dissected a chapter a week.  I was transforming and the encouragement, kindness and open honesty, in what we call the tribe, became a safe haven to even share my words.  I have been remiss in posting here because I am engrossed in writing a novel. 
My tribe is beginning the second book of the series next week and I am anxious to study and find additional guidance with them again.   Yes, the seeds were planted and I am looking forward to sprouting this year.  My focus and word for 2012 is change, the positive kind.   

10 comments:

  1. A good word picked you. It has been a crazy ride so far, now we begin the next book. I look forward to sharing the ride with you, seeing where it will take us in this new year. Hang on and let go! (is that an oxymoron?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been one amazing ride hasn't it. This was meant to be a journey about creativity and yet it has permeated into every part of our lives. We discovered each other and formed a tribe and in the process we found ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive Change.
    Excellent!
    Great post. Very positive and motivated.
    Change looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been quite a ride, huh. Here's to the beginning of a passionate new adventure that promises nothing but change, inspires faith and gratitude, as we build relationships with self and others and remind us to LIVE. I'm in~

    ReplyDelete
  5. There will be bumps along the way as we wind up the trail. We will free fall faster than a roller coaster and climb again. Our mountain is waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Hang on and let go!"...I like that, Jan. Yes, let's look forward to positive thoughts and good changes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's hoping that your seeds sprout so fast and so thick that the weeds don't stand a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me thinks you have been on the dark side of the moon.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How you doing there Nightwriter...miss seeing your posts...just wanted to stop by while I had a chance this morning before I head to the homestead chores.

    hope all is good.

    ReplyDelete